These adorable little ribbon fish are great for anything from hair bows to party decorations. Best of all, they're simple to make.
7/8 inch Dazzle Glitter Grosgrain in Turquoise
3/8 inch Dazzle Glitter Grosgrain in Turquoise
1 Small googly eye
*Note: Dazzle does not have to be sealed… it will not fray. However, if you’re using another grosgrain, remember to heat seal all your edges.
1. Cut a 10 inches long piece of 7/8 inch Dazzle.
2. Next, fold over as shown and glue the overlapping pieces. This will be your fish’s body.
3. Cut a piece of 3/8 inch Dazzle 2 inches long.
5. The remaining pieces sticking out will be the tail. Make a fishtail cut on each of these to complete the look.
6. Cut two 1 3/4 inches long pieces of 3/8 inch Dazzle. Fold these over and glue the ends together to make the fins.
7. Next, adhere the bottom of the fins to the back of the body.
8.For the final touch, glue one googly eye in place on the body. You’re done!
*Try experimenting with different colors and sizes for a rainbow of colored fish!