7/8 inch Grosgrain
3/8 inch Grosgrain
1/8 inch Grosgrain
2 googly eyes
*Note: Remember to seal all your edges.
1. Cut a 23 inches long piece of 3/8 inch grosgrain.
3. Cut 2 pieces of 1/8 inch grosgrain 2 1/2 inches long. Roll up one end of each leaving 1 inch unrolled. These will be the back legs.
5. Next, cut four 1 1/4 inch long pieces of 1/8 inch grosgrain. Fold each of these in half, two to the right and two to the left. These will become the legs. Attach one side of these to the bottom of your body, two on the left side and two on the right.
7. Where the half opens up, fold the ribbon section in half; one to the left and the other to the right. These pieces will be used as the claws.
8. Attach the claws to the underside of the body.
9. Cut two 2 1/2 inches long pieces of 1/8 inch grosgrain. On one end, make a diagonal cut.
10. These pieces will be used as the feelers/antenna. Insert the flat cut end into the open end of the head and glue.
11. Finally, glue both of the googly eyes to the head. Your new ribbon friend is now complete!
* Experiment with different colors and sizes for a creative little sculpture!